Blood Mountain Shelter
The Blood Mountain Shelter was built in 1937 by the Civilian Conservation Corps for the Georgia State Parks system. In 1956, the shelter was transferred to the U.S. Forest Service, and is maintained by the Georgia Appalachian Trail Club, whose members carried out a major renovation of the structure in 2010 [current image]
Albert Gordon (Dutch) Roth, 1890-1974
FormatBlack and white photograph
Great Smoky Mountains Regional Project, The University of Tennessee Libraries, Knoxville Tennessee
RightsCopyright (c) 2003. The University of Tennessee Libraries. All Rights Reserved.
Albert Gordon (Dutch) Roth, 1890-1974, “Blood Mountain Shelter,” Appalachian Trail Histories, accessed June 1, 2023, https://appalachiantrailhistory.org/items/show/444.