Appalachian Trail Histories

Menu

Description:

The original route of the Appalachian Trail in Southwestern Virginia passed within a mile of the Mabry Mill, pictured here. Located along the Blue Ridge Parkway near Meadows of Dan, Virginia, the Mills was built by Edwin Mabry in 1903. Originally a sawmill, by 1905, the mill had been converted to a gristmill. It was incorporated into the Blue Ridge Parkway in the 1930s, and today is believed to be the most photographed site along the Parkway.


Date:

08/03/2019

Creator:

Mills Kelly

Subject

Lost Appalachian Trail

Contributor

Mills Kelly

Format

Color photograph

Source:

Mills Kelly

Rights

Creative Commons

Citation

Mills Kelly, “Mabry Mill (2019),” Appalachian Trail Histories, accessed December 7, 2019, http://appalachiantrailhistory.org/items/show/986.

Geolocation

Mabry Mill.jpg