Appalachian Trail Histories

Menu

Description:

From reverse of photograph: "Replacing the Roof on the East Carry Pond Lean-to (1954)" The East Carry Pond Lean-to is one of the many Ghost Shelters along the Appalachian Trail. In this photograph from 1954, one can see that it was a small log sided lean-to structure with a shingle roof and a dirt floor. It was maintained by the Maine Appalachian Trail Club.

Collection:

Trail Shelters


Date:

07/01/1954

Creator:

Unknown

Subject

Trail Shelters

Contributor

Mills Kelly

Format

Black and white photograph

Source:

Appalachian Trail Conservancy Archives. Used with permission.

Rights

All rights reserved

Citation

Unknown, “East Carry Pond Lean-to (1954),” Appalachian Trail Histories, accessed December 13, 2018, http://appalachiantrailhistory.org/items/show/699.

Geolocation

ATC430.jpeg