Appalachian Trail Histories

Menu

Description:

The Cable Gap Shelter was built in 1939, by a crew from the Civilian Conservation Corps. It is located near Fontana Dam in the Nantahala National Forest. It is one of the oldest trail shelters in the southern half of the Trail.

Collection:

Trail Shelters


Date:

03/20/2015

Creator:

Jim Fertig

Subject

Trail Shelters

Contributor

Mills Kelly

Format

Color photograph

Source:

http://jimfertig.com

Rights

All rights reserved

Citation

Jim Fertig, “Cable Gap Shelter (2015),” Appalachian Trail Histories, accessed October 15, 2018, http://appalachiantrailhistory.org/items/show/611.

Geolocation

Cable Gap Shelter 03202015.jpg